100%

Back to All Discussions

Not all the words appear in the cloud

Rapid account: Hojiahuang
hojiahuang
8年前

Heya,

So i’ve purchased the API to be used in my app, but we’ve encountered 2 issues:

First of all, when we input the full list of words to be used in the word cloud, not all of them appear in the cloud and quite a few of them are omitted.

Secondly, the jpg files generated seem to timeout and disappear after a certain amount of time, is there a reason for that happening, or is that just normal that the files generated get taken down after a while?

Hope to hear from you soon

Best regards,
JH

hojiahuang Commented 7年前

you took way too long to respond; we rolled our own - sorry but we are unsuscribing

Rapid account: Teamtempapp
teamtempapp Commented 7年前

Sorry for the delay responding I missed the follow up question. There isn’t a way to change the background but let me know if you still would like this added I’m sure it’s possible if you still need it.

hojiahuang Commented 8年前

Cool!

Thanks that helped a lot

One last question - is there a command that will allow us to change the background color of the wordcloud?

Rapid account: Teamtempapp
teamtempapp Commented 8年前

Hi JH,

To get all words to appear try adjusting the following parameters:
“width”:800, width of the image
"height":500, height of the image
"s_max":“7”, Scale factor max (scale factor - this is like the font size for the most popular word)
“s_min”:“1”, Scale factor min (scale factor - this is like the font size for the least popular word)
“f_min”:1, Minimum frequency of the word considered relevant - if you set to 3 it will ignore any words that occur less than 3 times.

Depending on the number of words you are trying to fit these parameters will need to be different. There needs to be enough physical space to fit all the words so try starting with a larger image size then reducing the scale s_max scale factor till you can see all words and get a feel for how it works. If your word counts for each generation are reasonably similar you should be able to optimise these parameters.

While debugging you can try using:
“s_fit”:“TRUE”, Careful with this one - it will keep reducing the font size parameters till all words fit. It could take a very long time to process.

It will iteratively reduce the s_max parameter until it is not dropping any words. If it starts at s_max 21 and the image size will only work for s_max 4 it is going to try to generate 17 word clouds and will take forever to find the right parameter so it’s rarely useful beyond just initial debugging to see if it is possible to capture all words and then build the logic in the calling code based on your application needs.

Finally f_min defaults to 1 which is what you want to show all words, just check you’re not over-riding this too.

The service is a generation service so you need to transfer the published image once generated don’t just reference it the url. They are deleted after a short period (hours not days).

Cheers!

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments