98%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Summarize returns invalid_request

Rapid account: Asiufasf 7
asiufasf7
hace 8 años

curl --get --include 'https://textapis.p.mashape.com/summarize/?keywords=false&ratio=0.2&text=In+the+past%2C+I%E2%80%99ve+dabbled+in+publishing+on+Medium+and+saw+interesting+results%2C+but+never+went+all-in+because+I+couldn%E2%80%99t+customize+the+site+fully+(in+particular%2C+not+having+a+%E2%80%98brand%E2%80%99+for+the+blog+was+a+sticking+point)%2C+or+have+my+own+custom+domain.++When+Medium+launched%2C+I+cried+wolf+that+people+should+own+their+own+content+and+platform%2C+but+I%E2%80%99m+now+convinced+that+the+service+is+worth+embracing+because+the+way+it+works+as+a+platform+and+social+network+ultimately+means+your+work+gets+in+front+of+more+people.++Running+a+blog+is+a+time+investment+%E2%80%94+not+only+into+the+design+itself%2C+but+the+hosting%2C+distribution+and+the+part+where+you+actually+write.+Medium+is+helping+in+every+area%2C+by+removing+all+that+friction+between+you+and+actually+saying+something.++Publishing+on+Medium+almost+guarantees+your+work+will+get+seen%3B+the+distribution+and+network+effect+there+is+powerful.+It+brings+smart%2C+interested+readers+to+your+blog+who+actually+engage+with+you%2C+because+the+engagement+tools+work+so+well.++People+stick+around+and+engage+because+it%E2%80%99s+easier+to+get+content+to+them+on+an+ongoing+basis%2C+and+even+easier+for+them+to+comment+or+share+it+in+a+meaningful+way+with+their+network.+They+can+highlight+their+favorite+part+for+sharing%2C+give+context+in+inline+comments+or+respond+with+their+own+quick+thoughts+at+the+bottom.++On+Medium%2C+people+actually+come+back+because+they%E2%80%99re+able+to+follow+you+without+needing+to+sign+up+for+a+newsletter+or+RSS+feed.+Instead%2C+stories+are+pushed+to+followers+using+%E2%80%94+*gasp*+%E2%80%94+something+far+more+modern%3A+push+notifications.++For+years+the+only+way+to+push+content+out+to+followers+or+to+reach+new+eyeballs+was+to+share+it+via+social+media%2C+RSS+feed+or+slathering+it+on+link+sharing+sites.++Fast+forward+to+2015+and+Medium%E2%80%99s+powerful+network+effect+makes+it+easy+to+tell+everyone+you+know+what%E2%80%99s+worth+reading+by+pressing+a+single+heart-shaped+button.+It+lets+everyone+that+follows+them+know+that+it+was+worth+reading%2C+and+even+reaches+them+directly+on+mobile.&word_count=30' \ -H 'X-Mashape-Key: kwwlG00hPnmsh8jNBBY5WQ2iTcoJp1IdTd9jsnC8hsCaUMJKYJ' \ -H 'Accept: application/json'

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Connection: keep-alive
Content-Length: 28
Content-Type: application/json
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 13:37:30 GMT
Server: Mashape/5.0.6
X-Ratelimit-Requests-Limit: 400
X-Ratelimit-Requests-Remaining: 393

{
"error": "invalid_request"
}

Rapid account: Textapi
textapi Commented hace 8 años

I pushed a fix you should be able to make that request now.

One thing to note is that word_count limits the summary to a number of words, and ratio specifies what fraction of sentences in the original text should be returned as output so you may want to use one other.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments