Solving the vehicle routing problem (multi-vehicle route optimization).
This API is designed to solve the main task of logistics - Vehicle Routing Problem (VRP).
The Vehicle Routing Problem (VRP) is the challenge of designing optimal routes for multiple vehicles visiting a set of locations(orders) each with business-specific constraints, such as vehicle limitations, cost controls, time windows, resource limitations concerning the loading process at the depot, etc.
When there’s only one vehicle, it reduces to the Traveling Salesman Problem (TSP).
This API effectively solves most variations of this problem:
- Traveling Salesman Problem (TSP).
- Capacitated Vehicle Routing Problem (CVRP)
- Vehicle Routing Problem with time windows (VRPTW)
- Multi-depot Vehicle Routing Problem (MDVRP)
- Open Vehicle Routing Problem (OVRP)
- Site Dependent Vehicle Routing Problem (SDVRP)
- Heterogeneous Fleet Vehicle Routing Problem (HFVRP)
This API can also solve any mix of the above problem types.
The API allows you to:
- Improve your fleet utilization by finding a cost-effective stop sequence to service your locations(orders).
- Solving the complicated vehicle routing problem between multiple locations for a full fleet of vehicles, taking into account various restrictions.