9.7 / 10

Latency

161ms

Service Level

100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Are template literals allowed in text body?

Rapid account: Clairelesage
clairelesage
7 years ago

Hi,

I’m trying to run sentiment analysis on an array of strings. For each comment, it should be passed in as a variable, so in my .send(), I’m using a template literal like this:

for (var i =0; i < arr.length; i++) {
	unirest.post("https://twinword-sentiment-analysis.p.mashape.com/analyze/")
	.header("X-Mashape-Key", "hJ93r96nlcmshNJ46fV3i5wQ4CJQp1K7aY2jsnrISjdiAeRtev")
	.header("Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded")
	.header("Accept", "application/json")
	.send(`text=${i}`)
	.end(function (result) {
	  console.log(result.status, result.headers, result.body);
	});
}

Any ideas why it’s not being recognized as a variable?
Thanks.

Rapid account: Twinword
twinword Commented 7 years ago

Hi clairelesage,

First, thanks for using our API! Now onto the issue. This error has been found before and it is an issue with PHP Unirest. Two solutions have been found so far:

1. remove “Content-Type”, OR

2. use GET method instead of POST method.

We have tested our endpoint on our end (without Unirest) and sending a request with request header “Content-Type” set to “application/x-www-form-urlencoded” has no errors and outputs as expected (as long as in the form data there is a “text” field with some string as its value, ie. text=hello).

On a side note, the header instructions/example on the documentation page is set by Mashape. It is unfortunate that that code example doesn’t work for some odd reason. Nonetheless, the two solutions above would suffice. We and others have already notified Mashape, the people behind Unirest about this bug.

I hope this clears a few things up. If you have any more questions or suggestions, please feel free to let me know or email help@twinword.com directly!

Thanks and happy coding,

Team Twinword

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments