Health Check

N/A

Повернутися до всіх обговорень

New Endpoint Request

Rapid account: Corybcromer
corybcromer
3 महीने पहले

Hey,

First, I just want to say, awesome API, and I love that it is well maintained.

I am currently working on a passion project. I’m a React Native mobile developer, and I’m trying to implement a augmented Bible reading aid through the camera. I really need an endpoint that can provide me the functionality of a tagged English version where the text is tagged to Strong’s.

User Expectation: The user presses on an English word in the Bible, I make a request to the API with data to identify the word (maybe the verseID and the word), and I get the Strong’ number.

It currently looks like there is a gap in API to provide this kind of functionality. I could get the verse and all the greek/hebrew words underlying the verse, but I dont see a way to map the underlying greek/hebrew to the individual English words.

Once I get the Strong’s number for the underlying Greek/Hebrew word of the English word, I can then make subsequent requests to get any additional related lexical data to display to the user. It would end up doing something similar to this:

Let me know if this endpoint would be something you’re interested in standing up. Thanks.

Rapid account: Vibrantmiami
vibrantmiami Commented 3 महीने पहले

Hi Cory,

Thank you so much for your message and your continued interest in the IQ Bible API for your project.

You can presently map words from the to the original Hebrew or Greek by first calling the ‘GetOriginalText’ endpoint and looking at the ‘orig_order’ field in your return.

For example, using your verse (verseID: 43001001):

John 1:1 (KJV): John 1:1 (KJV) “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

This is verseID 43001001, so to call the GetOriginalText, we use ‘GetOriginalText?verseId=43001001’, which will result in:

[
{
“id”: “355848”,
“verseID”: “43001001”,
“book”: “43”,
“chapter”: “1”,
“verse”: “1”,
“word”: “Ἐν”,
“pronun”: “{“ipa”:“ɛn”,“ipa_mod”:“e̞n”,“sbl”:“en”,“dic”:“en”,“dic_mod”:“ane”}”,
“strongs”: “1722”,
“morph”: “PREP”,
“orig_order”: “1”,
“connected”: “0”,
“parashah”: “0”,
“notes”: “”
},
{
“id”: “355849”,
“word”: “ἀρχῇ”,
“pronun”: “{“ipa”:“ɑrˈxe”,“ipa_mod”:“ɑrˈxe̞”,“sbl”:“archē”,“dic”:“ar-HAY”,“dic_mod”:“ar-HAY”}”,
“strongs”: “746”,
“morph”: “N-DSF”,
“orig_order”: “2”,
},
{
“id”: “355850”,
“word”: “ἦν”,
“pronun”: “{“ipa”:“en”,“ipa_mod”:“e̞n”,“sbl”:“ēn”,“dic”:“ane”,“dic_mod”:“ane”}”,
“strongs”: “2258”,
“morph”: “V-IXI-3S”,
“orig_order”: “3”,
},
{
“id”: “355851”,
“word”: “ὁ”,
“pronun”: “{“ipa”:“ho”,“ipa_mod”:“ow”,“sbl”:“ho”,“dic”:“hoh”,“dic_mod”:“oh”}”,
“strongs”: “3588”,
“morph”: “T-NSM”,
“orig_order”: “4”,
}, …

…]

Looking at our result, we can see where the words fall:

1. Ἐν (En) - "In"
    Strong’s: 1722, Morph: PREP

2. ἀρχῇ (archē) - "beginning"
    Strong’s: 746, Morph: N-DSF

3. ἦν (ēn) - "was"
    Strong’s: 2258, Morph: V-IXI-3S

4. ὁ (ho) - "the"
    Strong’s: 3588, Morph: T-NSM

And by using the ‘GetWords’ endpoint, we can break down the passage to single words only. For example, ‘GetWords?verseId=&versionid=kjv’ produces:

{
“0”: “In”,
“1”: “the”,
“2”: “beginning”,
“3”: “was”,
“4”: “the”,
“5”: “Word,”,
“6”: “and”,
“7”: “the”,
“8”: “Word”,
“9”: “was”,
“10”: “with”,
“11”: “God,”,
“12”: “and”,
“13”: “the”,
“14”: “Word”,
“15”: “was”,
“16”: “God.”,
“verseId”: “43001001”,
“versionId”: “kjv”,
“wordCount”: 17
}

Thus, with a combination of either the GetVerse endpoint and the GetOriginalText; or the GetWords and the GetOriginalText, you can map the passage words directly to the Hebrew or the Greek. To map each word efficiently, GetWords and GetOriginalText would be optimal in this case.

I hope that this helps in what you are trying to achive. Please respond at your earliest convenience and let me know if this is what you’re looking for or how I can help in any way.

At your service.

Jody P.M., founder

Приєднуйтесь до обговорення — додайте повідомлення нижче:

Вхід / Реєстрація, щоб публікувати нові повідомлення