9.8 / 10

Latency

856ms

Service Level

100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

How to correctly display the characters in the response?

Rapid account: Dablasit
dablasit
il y a 5 ans

When I verify the encoding of the response it says “ISO-8859-1” and the characters are not encoded. How do I take the response (as binary, text or json) and decode/encode it so that it displays correctly? I’m sorry if the question seems silly, but I’ve been searching for a fix to no avail and regular decode/encode methods in Python are not working for me.

Rapid account: Dablasit
dablasit Commented il y a 5 ans

https://unogs-unogs-v1.p.rapidapi.com/aaapi.cgi?q=-!1900,2019-!0,5-!0,10-!0-!Movie-!Any-!Any-!{downloadable}&t=ns&cl=65&st=adv&ob=Relevance&p=1&sa=and”

For example that one. I have to accept that I’m doing the requests using the requests package in python, and I’m using google colab notebooks to make the calls. So if I make the above request, the response.json() or response.text or response.content gives me the string with stuff like apostrophes (’), chinese characters, etc… not correctly decoded. In that request, there’s a korean movie in the first 4 titles, and the title displays a bunch of non-sense instead of the korean characters.

Rapid account: Unogs
unogs Commented il y a 5 ans

can you give an example of a call that isn’t working for you? Our website as well as a few hundred api i users don’t seem to be having any issues.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments