92%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Different episode cuts/versions per country

Rapid account: Samuelmanso
samuelmanso
7 years ago

Hello there. First of all, thank you for developing this API, as it’s been incredible useful to me!

For a small number of seasons, I noticed that different countries seem to have different cuts of some episodes (and as such, different “videoID” values), but I’m having a hard time identifying which cut is available in which country.

For example, Suits Season 1 - some countries seem to have the pilot split into two parts and others don’t.
As such, grabbing the Titles Details for it will show:
Seasons:1(12) for some countries
and Seasons:1(13) for others,

That makes a total of fourteen “episode possibilities” to choose from, but there is no way (that I could find) to know which episodes are available where.

Right now, I (wrongly) assume that the episodes are always available sequentially,always starting with 1 up to 12 or 13 in this case - which makes sense, I guess, for shows with weekly added episodes…

I realize it doesn’t happen that often, but I was wondering if there’s an easy way to customize it on your end?

I can see adding all episode “videoID” values when grabbing the “Title Details” - as opposed to just the episode count - or adding all countries that an individual episode is available at in “Episode Details”, but maybe there are easier ways to achieve it?

Another show where I noticed this was 90210 (Season 1)… and I believe Grand Hotel as well?

Thanks in advance.

Rapid account: Unogs
unogs Commented 7 years ago

That is what I mean… currently I capture details on all episodes but they are associated with an individual title not each country.

Rapid account: Samuelmanso
samuelmanso Commented 7 years ago

Well, the details are actually there already:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2Lx71u_7SrBcGdYdjZxMXNDTGM

(different thumbnail, episode description and even ID in the API),
it’s just the fact of not knowing which country it belongs to… unless that’s what you meant?

Rapid account: Unogs
unogs Commented 7 years ago

At the moment we only capture 1 version of the episode details so the data that you are after is not currently available through this API. I will let you know if we decide to start holding this information.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments