Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Searching by IMDb id

Rapid account: Sbrudenell
sbrudenell
8 years ago

Hi there.

I’m writing a small app to track when a list of movies/tv shows becomes available on streaming/bluray/etc. My app keys on IMDb ids. I see uNoGS has mapping between Netflix titles and IMDb titles.

I’d like to be able to query uNoGS by IMDb id, to see whether a set of titles is streamable. It’s a relatively small number of queries (~120 or so, and it’s fine if they’re only refreshed once every day or two). I can’t find a nice way to use the uNoGS API for this though. I don’t see a way to query by IMDb id, I can only get an IMDb id by querying a title. Querying every title to find a particular IMDb id seems wasteful (and incredibly expensive!). Querying by title match also does not always work (how many title name variations should I try before I’m convinced the title doesn’t exist on uNoGS?)

Am I missing a nicer way to query titles by IMDb? Is it possible to add this as a feature (maybe “imdb:tt1234567” in the query string), or is this feature intentionally missing?

Do you mind if I ask where this data is sourced from? Would it be straightforward for me to query the data myself?

Thanks for your help!

Rapid account: Sbrudenell
sbrudenell Commented 8 years ago

Nice, I missed that. Thanks!

Rapid account: Unogs
unogs Commented 8 years ago

api.cgi?t=loadvideo&q=tt1047832, This is listed in the documentation under

Title Information->Load Title Details

Regarding your question, the netflix data is sourced from netflix and the imdb information is sourced from http://www.omdbapi.com/.

Hope this helps

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments