9.8 / 10

Latency

870ms

Service Level

100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

How accurate is the CountryInfo: new 7, or Expiring in relation to the matching API

Rapid account: Jetapinc
Jetapinc
7 years ago

Hello
Quick question, when my code fetch the country information, it does contains some meta information about the total number of movies released in the last 7, or 30 days, and “expiring”… But if I check the information by calling the corresponding API for a country, the total number of items returned doesn’t match. Example: calling the country API return for the US:

[“78”,“us”,“United States”,“29”,“200”,“37”,“5305”,“1258”,“4047”,“USD”,“7.99”,“9.99”,“11.99”]

So 29 recent in the last 7 days, and 200 in the last 30 days with 37 expiring.

If I now call the API for the US to get the list of movies recently released in the last 7 days with the param: q=get:new7:US&p=1&t=ns&st=adv , the content returned is:
{“COUNT”:“26”,“ITEMS”:[[ …

So 26 instead of 29… So it looks like the API for the country info is not matching the info returned when using the detailed API (same thing happen for expiring)… So I am kind of wondering what is the purpose of the extra info in the country API… Initially I was planning to use it to show some meta information for the user to select the country but since the info is inaccurate it’s probably going to end up with various support questions.

Thanks!

Rapid account: Jetapinc
Jetapinc Commented 7 years ago

Ok that make sense. Maybe In the future adding in the payload for countries some info on the date/time when it was cached/computed will be a great addition.

Rapid account: Unogs
unogs Commented 7 years ago

the country meta data is cached to save the database so depending on when you look at it, it may not be 100% accurate

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments