9.8 / 10

Latency

883ms

Service Level

100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

matlabel and matlevel (maturity ratings) a mess?

Rapid account: Wimbarelds
wimbarelds
6年前

Hi, I’m fetching your data and storing the data locally. I would like to filter my own data by maturity rating, but it seems that the values that are available are a huge mess. In movie-details the matlevel is rarely filled and matlabel is completely inconsistent to the point of being almost useless for the purpose of automated filtering.

Is there any data available from unogs to better facilitate filtering based on viewer age?

Rapid account: Unogs
unogs Commented 5年前

closing as this issue is on the actual Netflix API so very little we can do to change it

Rapid account: Ma Ft
MaFt Commented 6年前

Yeah, it’s really inconsistent! For example: “Some Assembly Required” a show my 11yr old daughter has watched for over a year now no longer shows up in her ‘older kids’ profile and I’ve had to change that to ‘teens’ so she can watch it. The matlevel for the UK is 90 - and it’s a 12 rated show. However, the same show for USA has a matlevel of 35; for Canada it’s 41 (with a rating of suitable for ages 8+) and then a matlevel of 70 in Australia (making it a PG). I’m guessing that the matlevel is related to the local-country’s certificate authority and is used to match up the local age rating with Netflix’s internal rating for what should be shown on which profile maturity level…

So yes, as Unogs say, it’s a mess 😄

Rapid account: Unogs
unogs Commented 6年前

agreed it is a mess, but most of that is down to Netflix’s great lack of consistency in each of their countries. We will look into what our options are but most of our information comes directly from the Netflix API.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments