Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Billing Issue

Rapid account: Oaprograms
oaprograms
לפני 6 שנים

Hello,

We received a bill of $1568.50 for using your mashape uNoGs API. We probably went over the free quota without realising, but the bill was a bit of shock, because the rate beyond the free quota ($0.1 per call) wasn’t visible on mashape pricing page when we made the calls. We assumed we would be blocked in case we exceed the quota, or there would have been some kind of notification. Could you check if you added that pricing after we made the calls?

Also, to introduce ourselves - we are making language learning software for Netflix. We downloaded the film data from your API to see how many foreign language movies there are on Netflix, to see if our project was feasible. We noticed a few inconsistencies in your data. We can tell you more about it if you’re interested.

Best,
Ognjen Apic

Rapid account: Unogs
unogs Commented לפני 5 שנים

closing this as the concern is with the options provided to us by mashape do not currently make this possible

Rapid account: Ducolares
ducolares Commented לפני 6 שנים

Hi,
We can see you have a great API for Netflix, but not having an option to limit the maximum allowed expenditure is very scary. I’m willing to pay for your services, but the possibility to get a tremendous bill due a programming bug or a lost key is a big issue.
I’m sure this have a deterrent effect for a lot of people, including myself. I hope you consider improving this aspect.

Best regards,
Eduardo

Rapid account: Unogs
unogs Commented לפני 6 שנים

The pricing data was visible and hasn’t changed since we started a few years ago.

When signing up for a service it is important to read the terms of service.

Regarding the inconsistencies they are most likely a result of Netflix presenting different audio and subtitle choice based on your chosen default language. As we only scrape with english as the base, it is most likely the cause of what you are seeing.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments