100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

/search return values

Rapid account: Mwitteman
mwitteman
3年前

When i do a /search with the suggested options in the test interface of this website, I get an array of objects looking like this:

“id”:29641
"title":“Call the Midwife”
“img”:“https://occ-0-1091-300.1.nflxso.net/dnm/api/v6/evlCitJPPCVCry0BZlEFb5-QjKc/AAAABbSv53y7uyqxz9qD65Reyt6N07_rKxr-0TXovg5bu4kIiVHFztci8J9Jn94ODHomfZW36HsRGzg3Ys_QdMD0fDBqNg.jpg?r=195"
“vtype”:“series”
“nfid”:70245163
"synopsis”:“This period drama set in impoverished East London in the 1950s follows a newly qualified midwife and her colleagues at a nursing convent.”
“avgrating”:4.433472
"year":2012
"runtime":0
"imdbid":“tt1983079"
“poster”:“https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTAzMjAwNzc1MzVeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDQzODgzMjEx._V1_SX300.jpg
“imdbrating”:8.4
"top250”:0
"top250tv":0
"clist":"“GB”:“United Kingdom”,“US”:“United States”"
“titledate”:“2015-04-14”

What I DON’T see is the ‘genre’ or ‘genrelist’ associated with each item. Is it possible for you to return that as well?

Thanks

Rapid account: Haenlesn
haenlesn Commented 3年前

100% agree on everything mwitteman says 😃

Rapid account: Mwitteman
mwitteman Commented 3年前

I do understand the technical reasoning, and I don’t want to force you to refactor your data model. However, I think the whole top 250 and titledate, and a few more things are WAY less relevant than genre.
Moreover, i could even blame you of forcing me to make a lot more api calls, and make more money out of that. I want you to make money, don’t get me wrong, but leaving ‘genre’ out of the basic set of properties is … quite odd.

Please consider any feature request as a welcome improvement to your service.
In the end, it will pay.

Rapid account: Unogs
unogs Commented 3年前

It is possible, but we do not plan on implementing it…

You do not see the genres (or countries, or people) in these results because there is a separate endpoint to get the genre information, this is due to limiting the joins on searches to reduce strain on the database. Please use the /titlegenres endpoint to pull genre information for a title.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments