100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Data update

Rapid account: Traynier
traynier
6 years ago

How often is data updated? The TV guide seems to be more “what was on last week” rather than “whats on this/next week”?

Rapid account: Utelly
utelly Commented 6 years ago

Thanks for the examples.

So in its current construct, this API will return results from linear channels for +/- 7 days. As people potentially have Digital Video Recorders in operation we felt that knowing where a programme is shown, despite potentially being in the past for linear TV, remains useful information to return. As this is a light version of our commercially available platform, we decided to not return information around linear TV schedules. Your feedback on this topic is noted and next time we discuss enhancements to the API we will consider inclusion of TV schedules.

I have closed the ticket but if you have any further comments you can contact us via email at support@utelly.com

Kind regards,

Utelly Support

Rapid account: Traynier
traynier Commented 6 years ago

An example from searching just now (Thursday 1 Feb, 15:19), search for “A better life” and it returns that it is available on Film4 and Film4HD. However, I cannot find it in my tv guide. An online search for “film4 a better life” reveals that is was on 3 days ago:
http://www.tvguide.co.uk/m-detail/1560352/135349989/a-better-life

Similarly, “About Elly” was is listed for Film4 but was on yesterday. And a search for “The Last Outpost” says its on Movies4Men. But no sign of it in the TV schedules; I presume it was on sometime previously?

Rapid account: Utelly
utelly Commented 6 years ago

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in this response. The data is updated on a daily basis and you should not have encountered the TV guide being a week out of date. Are you able to recreate the problematic call and send us details?

Regards,

Utelly Support

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments