DNS Lookup API is a REST API to perform DNS queries through simple HTTP requests. Results are received back as JSON/XML-encoded objects. It's powered by a DNS database that covers 99.5% of IP addresses in use and over 196 million NS records updated daily.
The first 500 DNS Lookup API calls are complimentary when you register for a free developer account.
For a given domain name:
- # of records matching
- IP address (A record)
- Mail servers (MX records)
- DNS servers (NS nameservers)
- SPF records (TXO records)
- The intelligence behind the API covers most active domains and their corresponding DNS records and IP addresses
- Easily integrable and RESTful API, compatible with all major programming languages
- The query results are returned in XML & JSON with parsed fields and raw texts
- Avoid dangling DNS records that may lead to security compromise and DDoS attacks
- Study a domain's DNS and IP infrastructure to improve site performance
- Gather DNS record information about your competitor and other sites of interest