9.9 / 10

Latency

88ms

Service Level

100%

Health Check

100%

Back to All Discussions

How can I send a request without any limit of results?

Hello,

I need to send a request so that I can have all of the data necessary to afterwards search in the results given.

Thank you in advance

Rapid account: Wirefreethought
wirefreethought Commented 5 years ago

Looking at my reply again, I realize I may not have answered your question. There is no way to retrieve all results without any limit in a single request using the online instance. This is done deliberately, both as a way to incentivize usage of higher-tier plans and also to mitigate potential DoS attacks. If you’re still intent on getting unlimited results in one request, you can do so by hosting the service yourself. Contact us through the dev portal site to find out what would be involved to set this up.

Rapid account: Wirefreethought
wirefreethought Commented 5 years ago

If you are referring to the number of results returned per request, that is controlled by the ‘limit’ param. This param has a maximum value, depending on the plan you’ve subscribed to. To retrieve all results - after setting ‘limit’ to the maximum allowed value - you will have to issue multiple requests, incrementing the ‘offset’ param as needed to get successive pages. (Optionally, you may just use the HATEOAS links in the response.) Please see this link for more details: http://geodb-cities-api.wirefreethought.com/docs/guides/getting-started/pagination

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments