9.9 / 10

Latency

193ms

Service Level

100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Why is a credit card required for a $0 plan?

Rapid account: Seth Voltz
seth.voltz
hace 9 años

A credit card is required in order to subscribe to the $0 plan.

Rapid account: Geraldjglasgow
geraldjglasgow Commented hace 6 años

Its strange to require a credit card for free tier… WordsAPI looks awesome, but who wants to give a CC number to test it out… there are countless other free options out there that don’t require a CC.

Rapid account: It Genesis
itGenesis Commented hace 6 años

a damn shame… im a coding/web development student in NYC and wanted to use WORDS api for a fun project. TURN OFF – giving out my damn credit card information for an an API that I will only use once in class to show proficiency in MVC…

how many executive management salaries in the room did it take to come up with this bright idea?! dumb af!

Rapid account: Broken
broken Commented hace 7 años

It is a shame a credit card is necessary for a free tier plan. That should never be the case for any service platform.

Rapid account: Mhourig
mhourig Commented hace 8 años

Can you charge a credit card $0.004?

Rapid account: Mailbird
mailbird Commented hace 8 años

Hi there,
We would like to integrate this in our app (www.mailbird.com). It will be a very ideal case to have this as our feature. But as a first step we want to try the $0 plan. We might switch to higher plan in the future based on our users’ usage. However in any scenario we would like to avoid overuse, so is there any options to just disable the API when it exceeds our selected plan?

Rapid account: Swordfish 444
swordfish444 Commented hace 8 años

I’m guessing you are losing many potential API consumers because of requiring CC information.

Easy & Smart solution is to have free consumption of API up to 2500/day. Just prevent further requests after exceeding the amount. Without requiring a CC. If someone wants to leverage this in a production system then it makes sense to pay, but otherwise this is very odd and is hurting your business model.

Rapid account: Loganmb
loganmb Commented hace 9 años

This is pretty important for me. I’m looking to just build a project for fun, and would really prefer not to hand out my credit card information when I have no intention of going over, or even getting close to the limit.

Rapid account: Tolu 360
tolu360 Commented hace 9 años

Is there a way to enforce or opt for suspension over incurring overage charges when plan limits are exceeded on the consumer’s/developer’s side - Perhaps by way of a setting or user preferences?

Rapid account: Pinkienort
pinkienort Commented hace 9 años

Hi mashaper.
When I read the documents in cui application, terminal, I have un-know words.
I am Japanese.
So I want to find out the words in cui.
I decided to code the application.

Rapid account: Mashaper
mashaper Commented hace 9 años

We’re building capping so API providers can have plans completely free with hard limits. In this case tho…we ask for CC because of the of additional calls in case you go over the limit.

The Basic is $0.004 PER EXTRA CALL if you go over 2,500 requests/day.

Hope it helps!

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments