Health Check

N/A

返回所有讨论

Very slow since a few weeks

Rapid account: Kail
Kail
2 years ago

Hi,
using the api since some time. A few weeks ago, the api got really slow. What’s up?

Rapid account: Apidojo
apidojo Commented 2 years ago

Hello,

"Everytime I make an api call, you fetch the info in real time from the site?"
All of our APIs provide live, synced data with the official site at request times. We do not store or cached data locally.

"Can I still make 5 requests per second?"
Yes, you can.

Regards.

Rapid account: Kail
Kail Commented 2 years ago

Thanks for letting us know the root cause. Everytime I make an api call, you fetch the info in real time from the site? I thought you’d scrape the data periodically and provide the stored data.
Can I still make 5 requests per second? In that case I would just run more scripts in parallel. Thanks.

Rapid account: Apidojo
apidojo Commented 2 years ago

Hello,

The root cause is because Seeking Alpha just attached bot defender to their site/application, the defender layer is by PerimeterX.com. You may do Google to learn more about them, they are very famous for what they are doing. Now, our bots will take more time and efforts to overcome that layer to fetch data for all of you. I am sorry but you have to accept this issue to keep using our services. In addition, you have chance to meet 5xx status code for every 50 requests. The failure rate is about 1-2%. Anyway, you won’t be charged for failed requests.

Regards.

加入讨论 - 在下面添加评论:

登录/注册以发布新的评论