Health Check

N/A

返回所有讨论

Basic plan Hard limit

Rapid account: Jungwonpark
jungwonpark
a year ago

Hi! I have two questions.

1. Can I use Hard Limit while I’m using Basic plan?
    For example I’d like to limit API Calls up to 500Times.
    is it possible?
    If not, can you add this limit function?

2. If someone is keep calling API in my website maliciously, can I prevent this?

thanks.

Rapid account: Nishujain 199719 Vg Ifu FH Zx VZ
nishujain199719-vgIfuFHZxVZ Commented a year ago

Hello Jungwonpark,

Yes, there is a hard limit function available on RapidAPI and we have tried it as well. Unfortunately, we cannot implement it because it allows users to create multiple fake accounts without needing to put their credit card details. The last time when we did this, some malicious user from Singapore created dozens of fake accounts to get more number of free API calls per month. Hence, we now stick to soft limit.

To ensure that you don’t exceed your free API calls, you can keep track of it in a count variable, and put a condition in your code to not to make API calls if count > 150.

Coming to your second question … preventing malicious users on a website depends on how the website is structured and deployed. For example, it would be a really bad idea to put your RapidAPI Key on a static website, in the frontend code. You must always keep your API Key a secret and use it in backend. Never exposing it.

If you need any help in the development or have any questions related to Medium API, feel free to contact me at nishu@mediumapi.com

Regards
Nishu

加入讨论 - 在下面添加评论:

登录/注册以发布新的评论