9.8 / 10

延迟

414ms

服务等级

100%

Health Check

N/A

返回所有讨论

Is it possible to just get the translated text as output?

Rapid account: Cyberscape Media
CyberscapeMedia
2 years ago

Hello,

Great job with the latency!

When I input text in English, I get the output as a mixture of English and the target language. The output contains each sentence in the original language (e.g. English) within <i> tags, followed by the translated sentence (e.g. in German) within <b> tags.

For example, if my input is…
“Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. (BY-dən; born November 20, 1942) is an American politician who is the 46th and current president of the United States. A member of the Democratic Party, he served as the 47th vice president from 2009 to 2017 under Barack Obama and represented Delaware in the United States Senate from 1973 to 2009. Biden was born and raised in Scranton, Pennsylvania, moving with his family to New Castle County, Delaware, in 1953 when he was ten.”

Then the output is…
"<i>Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. (BY-dən; born November 20, 1942) is an American politician who is the 46th and current president of the United States.</i> <b>Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. (BY-dən; geboren am 20. November 1942) ist ein US-amerikanischer Politiker, der der 46. und derzeitige Präsident der Vereinigten Staaten ist.</b> <i>A member of the Democratic Party, he served as the 47th vice president from 2009 to 2017 under Barack Obama and represented Delaware in the United States Senate from 1973 to 2009. Biden was born and raised in Scranton, Pennsylvania, moving with his family to New Castle County, Delaware, in 1953 when he was ten.</i> <b>Als Mitglied der Demokratischen Partei diente er von 2009 bis 2017 als 47. Vizepräsident unter Barack Obama und vertrat Delaware von 1973 bis 2009 im Senat der Vereinigten Staaten. Biden ist in Scranton, Pennsylvania, geboren und aufgewachsen und zog mit seiner Familie nach New Castle County, Delaware, im Jahr 1953, als er zehn Jahre alt war.</b>"

Is it possible to get the output as just the translated text (e.g. German) without the original text intermingled with it?

Many thanks!

Rapid account: Sibaridev
sibaridev Commented a year ago

Dear valued client,

We are excited to inform you that we have added a new endpoint Rapid Translate Long Text to our Fast Translator API service that allows you to translate very long texts and especially without HTML tags ( no <i>, no <b> ). Based on your recommendation, we have added this feature to help you translate large amounts of text more easily and accurately.

With this new endpoint, you can now translate very long texts up to +100 000 characters without worrying about any HTML tags interfering with the translation process. We understand how important it is for you to have a smooth and seamless translation experience, and we are confident that this new feature will meet your needs.

We appreciate your feedback and always strive to improve our service to meet your expectations. If you have any questions or feedback regarding this new feature or any other aspect of our service, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always here to help you.

Thank you for choosing the Fast Translator API service.

Best regards,

Sibari Oussama

Rapid account: Pixiko
pixiko Commented a year ago

sibaridev - Why, if there is a source string and the answer does not mix the input array. How to turn off this output <i> and <b>?
How do you disable any of your html fixes?

This behavior should be warned in examples and documentation!

CyberscapeMedia Commented 2 years ago

Following up on this, we are attempting to use your API to translate html text, which seems to work well. However, a lot of the source html text we have already contains its own <b> tags and <i> tags, some of which are nested several layers deep. You then add your own <b> and <i> tags to the output in the form of <i>original text</i> and <b>translated text</b> (see above). The fact that the original text and translated text already contains lots of <b> and <i> tags makes identifying and extracting the translated text from your API output <b>translated text</b> tags much harder than it should be (and prone to failure).

Is there any chance you could add a switch or flag in your API endpoint so that we can call for the translated text on its own (without the original text being output)? For example, something like…
returnTranslatedTextOnly = 1
…or something like that.

Hopefully this would be an easy fix for you to implement and it would be really really helpful!

Thank you!

CyberscapeMedia Commented 2 years ago

OK, thanks for the quick reply.

Rapid account: Sibaridev
sibaridev Commented 2 years ago

Dear CyberscapeMedia ,

Thank you for contacting us,

We chose this output as the <i>original text</i> and <b>translated text</b> because of the many requests from our users to reach the best output, in order to get only the translated text, you can easily remove the <i>…</i> tags.

Thank you!

加入讨论 - 在下面添加评论:

登录/注册以发布新的评论