100%

Health Check

N/A

Zurück zu allen Diskussionen

Request: Canadian stock short selling information

Rapid account: Ptvemail
ptvemail
hace 16 días

Hi. I subscribe to and appreciate your Yahoo Finance API, thanks for it.

I would like to get parameters such as “sharesShort”, “shortRatio” and “sharesShortPreviousMonth” somehow for Canadian and US stocks.

I understand I can get them from your Yahoo Finance API, but careful comparison of the results with other sources, including Morningstar, shows the results are two weeks older than other pages have. This is not a fault of your Yahoo API, it’s also how Yahoo Finance’s page is (the YF page also misleadingly has incorrect, more recent dates).

So I would like to use this Morningstar API instead, given I see MS is more up to date on its page (confirmed by say Fintel.io also). However I cannot find any Canadian stocks with your MS Api, just summaries for the overall exchange.

I followed the instructions in your endpoints, trying these endpoints for say Dolly Varden Silver Corp on the TSX Venture exchange:

• autoComplete: I tried “DOLLY” (got only the US-based pink slips with no short info). I also tried “DV.V” and “TSXV/DV” as is on the MS page, but the latter two searches were blank
  • getSummary: only returns the entire TSE market
  • getMovers: I only get US stocks

Is there a way to get the more up to date Morningstar Canadian stock short sales with your MS Api? If not I would like to recommend you consider including it.

Thanks for the helpful applications

Rapid account: Apidojo
apidojo Commented hace 15 días

Well, you confirm the wrong site. This API reproduces PUBLIC data and features of morningstar.COM (not .com.au)

Rapid account: Ptvemail
ptvemail Commented hace 16 días

Update: I can confirm that the data I am hoping for is already on the free/publicly viewable Morningstar site.

For example: https://www.morningstar.com.au/investments/security/TSXV/DV/quote

• Trading Information sub-section

I can supply a screenshot if helpful

Nehmen Sie an der Diskussion teil - fügen Sie unten einen Kommentar hinzu:

Anmelden / Registrieren, um neue Kommentare zu veröffentlichen