Health Check

N/A

Volver a todas las conversaciones

Missing Data Explanation

Rapid account: Me N Fo H Pg 0 Z
me-n-FoHPg0z
1年前

Hi I’ve got two questions:

1. When using the Hourly Point Data End Point what is the difference between a prcp returned of None and 0.0.
  2. The following parameters when used in the Hourly Point Data End Point returns no weather data params: {
    lat: ‘-29.617398’,
    lon: ‘30.385616’,
    start: ‘2010-02-06’,
    end: ‘2010-02-18’,
    tz: ‘Africa/Johannesburg’
    }
    Although there is one station returned () 0:“FAPM0”.
    If you change the date to be 2021 and beyond it does returns data however with no additional stations added.

I thought the Hourly Point Data End Point was meant to “fill in gaps in the time series with statistically optimized model data”. So am confused as to why for certain date ranges nothing is returned.

If that is true is there any documentation on the website as to what locations can be returned with what date ranges? Thanks!

Rapid account: Me N Fo H Pg 0 Z
me-n-FoHPg0z Commented 1年前

@meteostat thanks for information. Regarding 2 model data start dates vary from location to location right? Because there are other locations which return data going back to 2010 and further when using the Hourly Point Data End Point. Is there any documentation around which locations correspond with which time ranges? Thanks!

Rapid account: Meteostat
meteostat Commented 1年前

Hi,

1. None means the data is missing, 0 means there was no precipitation (= 0 mm of precipitation).
  2. You’re right regarding the model data. We only started collecting model data a few years ago. Atm there is no model data before that time. However, we might add long-term reanalysis data in the future. This would fill the gaps before 2021, too.

Únase a la conversación, añada un comentario a continuación:

Inicie sesió/Regístrese para publicar nuevos comentarios