100%

Health Check

N/A

Retour à toutes les discussions

Information about securities

Rapid account: Duoxi
Duoxi
5 months ago

Is there any way to find out (i) which securities are supported and (ii) what the start date for a given security is? Trial and error is awfully inefficient.

Duoxi Commented 5 months ago

I think we are talking past each other. But in any case, I don’t have any knowledge about the Fidelity API. I googled but could find nothing about it, so I can really not comment on whether the Fidelity API would support looking for the ealiest start point or not. If you can point me to where I can learn more about Fidelities API, then I will explore this further and report back to you. Otherwise, I appreciate your having tried to answer my question.

Rapid account: Apidojo
apidojo Commented 5 months ago

Hello,

I think you miss-understood our service. We do not have any relationship with Fidelity. We just help all of you to extract data from sites/applications by reproducing the features from the site/application via endpoints. If you ask for an new endpoint with specific function, you must be ensure the related feature being available on the site/application PUBLICLY by sharing with me some links and screenshots as reference. I will then forward the request to our IT team for review.
For the chart, the feature actually requires specify start and end date in the backend, it simplify the front end for you with something like 1M,3M,6M,1Y,3Y,…MAX. You can easily calculate the start date from end date (today) with a datetime library. Ex : …/quotes/get-chart?symbol=.DJI,.IXIC,.SPX&startDate=2023/11/01-09:30:00&endDate=2023/11/20-04:43:21&granularity=1&intraday=Y

Regards.

So sorry, for not being clear. I was referring to the get-chart end point.

First, I did not expect that an end point would give me these answers, but maybe that there was a list of supported securities. I am not aware of such list for Fidelity.com, so I guess that would be my answer for this API also.

For the question about the start date, on Fidelity.com, one can click on the desired date range to display, and there is a link “MAX” which retrieves the maximum amount of data. Mousing over the chart one can see the first date. On this end point, there is nothing equivalent, I must give a specific start date and this date must be in the dataset otherwise the query will return just the most recent date.

If you can point me to the Fidelity.com API documentation, then I can see whether there is something that would help here.

Rapid account: Apidojo
apidojo Commented 5 months ago

1/ You asked a lot, but I still don’t know which endpoint you are talking about.
2/ This API reproduces PUBLIC data and features of fidelity.com. Please confirm that you can get the required data PUBLICLY on the site by sharing with me some links and screenshots as reference. I will then point out the correct endpoints for you.

Regards.

I find that if I submit a query with a start date that is earlier than the first date in the security, then only the most recent date of the security is returned. What I would have expected is that all the values from the actual first date to the most recent date would be returned, but no such luck.

I guess one way to do this is to go to fidelity.com and retrieve all values of that security and look at what the first entry is, but that is not a great process.

Participez à la discussion - ajoutez un commentaire ci-dessous:

Connectez-vous / Inscrivez-vous pour publier de nouveaux commentaires