Health Check

N/A

Retour à toutes les discussions

BalanceSheetHistory missing data

Rapid account: Charliex
charliex
3 months ago

Hi,

Balance sheet history data appears to be missing on all stocks. when you access the field it just give a few dates and not the actual balance sheet data. Can you resolve please?

Rapid account: Apidojo
apidojo Commented 3 months ago

Hello,

You are extracting data from the wrong JSON node that why I said :
"Please paste the response data in a text editor and search for DISPLAYED VALUES not by the field name to get the correct JSON node. There are lots of sections using similar term and fool you."
Now, check the screenshot at https://prnt.sc/Q-KT7a-Y5Cjb
You should learn to read with CARE first.

Regards.

Rapid account: Charliex
charliex Commented 3 months ago

Hi,

Sorry for the slow response I have not found the time to really describe the problem. I think this is a problem for all stocks but I will demo with Apple (code AAPL) as below.

1. check data is in yahoo
    On the yahoo website - I navigate to https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/quote/AAPL/financials?p=AAPL.
    I click on financials there are 3 options ‘income statement’, ‘balance sheet’, ‘cash flow’ and two time options ‘annual’ and ‘quarterly’. I am choosing ‘annual’ for this demo of the issue.
    You can see each of the options above gives plenty of data from different sub fields
    so choosing some values to check from yahoo (’/’= field delimiter)
    income statement/research development/‘29-09-2023’ = 29,915,000
    balance sheet/inventory/‘29-09-2023’ = 6,331,000
    cash flow/dividends paid/‘29-09-2023’ = -15,082,000

2. check ‘income statement’ data is in api- dojo ‘yahoo finance’ app

i use 'stock/v2/get-financials ’ end node for aapl
I navigate to [‘incomeStatementHistory’][‘incomeStatementHistory’]
I check the underlying data for each year
the field ‘research development’ has no data
when I first accessed this api it had multiple years then multiple fields of data per year

1. check balance sheet data is in api- dojo ‘yahoo finance’ app

i use 'stock/v2/get-financials ’ end node for aapl. I also try stock/v2/get-balance-sheet
I navigate to [“balanceSheetHistory”][“balanceSheetStatements”]
I check the underlying data for each year - there are only dates no other fields with financial data. When I first did the field mapping in api-dojo this is where balance sheet data was

1. check cash flow data is in api- dojo ‘yahoo finance’ app
    i use 'stock/v2/get-financials ’ end node for aapl. I also try stock/v2/get-cash-flow
    I navigate to [“cashflowStatementHistory”][“cashflowStatements”]
    I check the underlying data for each year - there are dates and ‘net income’ the other cash flow statement is missing. When I first did the field mapping in api-dojo this is where cash flow statement data was

I think there is a problem with how rapid api retrieves data from yahoo. I hope this helps clarify and can you look into it please
I also note a similar post from someone else recently

Rapid account: Apidojo
apidojo Commented 3 months ago

Hello,

1/ Please paste the response data in a text editor and search for DISPLAYED VALUES not by the field name to get the correct JSON node. There are lots of sections using similar term and fool you.
2/ If you look for QUARTERLY data, you need to use …/stock/v2/get-timeseries endpoint instead.

Regards.

Participez à la discussion - ajoutez un commentaire ci-dessous:

Connectez-vous / Inscrivez-vous pour publier de nouveaux commentaires