Health Check

N/A

Retour à toutes les discussions

Missing debt, cash and others balance sheet

Rapid account: Davidtopol 34
davidtopol34
3 months ago

Hello

I have used api stock/v2/get-financials for years without any problem.
But since one week i cannot take cash and debt and others informations of balance sheet information from this api.

When i call https://apidojo-yahoo-finance-v1.p.rapidapi.com/stock/v2/get-financials?symbol=AI.PA

I don’t find nothing in balanceSheetHistory, only dates.
While all these informations, cash, debt and others are in this page
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/AI.PA/balance-sheet?p=AI.PA

Can you help me ?

Best regards

Rapid account: Alexsfinance 2
alexsfinance2 Commented 2 months ago

Is it possible to update the examples for the old endpoints (the examples refer to earlier calls giving the impression you will get data you’ve stopped giving?) and also to give examples for each of the new endpoints? I appreciate you’re trying to make more money by getting more queries but now i can no longer see where to find that info so you’re getting no business at all. I appreciate your help here. Thanks

Rapid account: Apidojo
apidojo Commented 2 months ago

Well, let’s check the screenshot at https://prnt.sc/miCD6xWCLVS4.
I am not sure why some of you are too careless to search for a value.

Regards.

davidtopol34 Commented 2 months ago

Hello
Thank you for your response.
But i have still the same problem with the v3
https://apidojo-yahoo-finance-v1.p.rapidapi.com/stock/v3/get-balance-sheet?symbol=AI.PA
"balanceSheetHistory": {
“balanceSheetStatements”: [
{
“maxAge”: 1,
“endDate”: {
“raw”: 1672444800,
“fmt”: “2022-12-31”
}
},
{
“raw”: 1640908800,
“fmt”: “2021-12-31”
}
},
{
“raw”: 1609372800,
“fmt”: “2020-12-31”
}
},
{
“raw”: 1577750400,
“fmt”: “2019-12-31”
}
}
],

And i agree with alexsfinance2 i cannot call 2 apis now instead of only one today, the cost is twice if you do that.

Regards
apidojo Commented 3 months ago

Yeah, that is your point of view, but you can think that you have paid in half for what you received for that long from the beginning. Now, you have to pay it full, and you don’t like it.

Regards.

alexsfinance2 Commented 3 months ago

The size of the json file has halved, in other words to get the same data you need to pay at least twice as much, possibly more. If the developer wanted to add additional calls with specifics of data, I guess that they could have. However, instead they have broken up the same data into smaller chunks. Its like a candy provider who sells you a chocolate bar, then halves its size for the same price- and calls it an improvement. You have to now buy 2 chocolate bars to get the same amount. Which I guess is an improvement for the seller but not for long-standing customers. I do notice that there are another 10 companies out there providing info so will be looking at that despite 4 years of paid loyalty to this api.

Hello,

In general, if the data is displayed in different sections/tabs/pages, it will always be served by different functions which results in different endpoints call. In the past, the official YH may return the data by chance and now the official developer may change something with the system and fix it.

Regards.

This has been great for years but if I have to get my programs reconfigured to change the calls and make sense of the json files and double my api calls to get the same info (and therefore cost) this becomes a lot less of a viable proposition. Cant the old system be left in place for existing clients?

If I’m not mistaken, I now have to make 2 api calls instead of one to get the same data? I see the json file has halved in size. Have also been using this for years, but if I have to reset up my program to make a new set of calls (pay a programmer and realign spreadsheets etc which will take a lot of time) AND pay twice as much, its really not worth it any more. Cant you let your old customers carry on as before?

Hello,

Please try again with the new …/stock/v3/get-balance-sheet instead of v2. We just release it.

Regards.

davidtopol34 Commented 3 months ago

I hame the same problem for all companies, exemple apple
https://apidojo-yahoo-finance-v1.p.rapidapi.com/stock/v2/get-balance-sheet?symbol=AAPL
"balanceSheetHistory": {
“balanceSheetStatements”: [
{
“raw”: 1696032000,
“fmt”: “2023-09-30”
}
},
{