100%

Health Check

100%

חזרה לכל הדיונים

/post endpoint. Media expire timestamp

Rapid account: Brettfielder
Brettfielder
vor einem Jahr

Hi. Im facing with issue that videos got from reels (however i think it not stick to reels only) does not plays after some period.

So each hour im doing call to api for each reel item and getting it video url, however it still keeps probability that video at some point wont be accessible, will return some 4xx\5xx instead of playing.
And im expect it related to media expire, video links which instagram emits are valid for some (guess 24h) period. So very much want to know this time in api response, for the moment cant found it, could you advice what i can do on this? Or add this info to response if you can

Ideally i would like to have all video urls constantly working.
way with storing video bins locally or at self cloud is not very acceptable, but could be used if no other ways

Rapid account: Ponds 4552
ponds4552 Commented vor einem Jahr

Hello. There are no signs of expiration time from Instagram API, so we can’t add it too.

Links on Instagram are not designed to be cached for a long period, instead they cache media on mobile devices (especially thumbnails)
Even if we add, let’s say, 6-12-24 hours to the time we received response from instagram, it may change any time soon so the data we provide will turn invalid

הצטרף לדיון - הוסף תגובה למטה:

התחבר / הירשם כדי לפרסם תגובות חדשות