100%

Health Check

100%

모든 토론으로 돌아가기

Request for Names of Full Moons

Rapid account: Bloodlust
Bloodlust
vor 3 Monaten

Hi, Thank you for your API, it’s brilliant.

Similar to the request for Moon Phase Names found at https://rapidapi.com/MoonAPIcom/api/moon-phase/discussions/94589

I was wondering if it was possible to request a list of possible Full Moon Names. For instance the Last Full Moon Name is currently Snow Moon and the Next Full Moon Name is Worm Moon.

I was wondering if posting a complete list of these names was a possibility.

Such as:

• Snow Moon
  • Worm Moon
  • And so on…

I was also wondering if the following events are present/planned within the Advanced API:

• Blood Moons, Blue Moons and Supermoons
  • Lunar/Solar eclipses

Thanks again!

Bloodlust Commented vor 3 Monaten

Hi Luke!

Thank you so much! I’m very grateful that this could be added and totally amazed at how quick you’ve been able to do it.

Since integrating the Moon-API (I save data to my db every 10 mins so as not to overload requests) we’ve been able to make the game much more dynamic, nights will now be longer in the winter, astrology/zodiac signs are being integrated. Solar and Lunar events are now possible. I can’t thank you and your team enough for making all this possible, and accurate.

Although I’ll never need 500k requests per month, I’ll be upgrading my subscription asap just to support the literal best thing since sliced bread!

Thank you again.

As for the Blood Moons etc, I’m grateful that you’re considering it and there is no rush whatsoever, I’d have been made up with half of the data you’ve provided… now I’m literally over the moon lol (sorry)

Myself and our whole community is forever grateful!

Long Live Moon-API!

Rapid account: Moon AP Icom
MoonAPIcom Commented vor 3 Monaten

Hi Bloodlust,

It’s great to hear that the moon phase data has been useful for your game.

I’m pleased to inform you that the eclipse data has now been deployed into our API.

We’re also considering your other suggestion of expanding our data to include full moon types such as supermoons, blood moons, and blue moons. While this addition is still in the works, rest assured, we’re aiming to deliver this soon.

Thank you for your enthusiasm and support for our API. We’re thrilled to be a part of enhancing your game and look forward to bringing more updates your way.

Best wishes,

Luke
Moon-API.com

Bloodlust Commented vor 3 Monaten

Hi Luke, thank you very much for the responses.

I really appreciate the list of moons, I can now create checks for each type of moon.

As for the data for eclipses and blood moons etc, I would be appreciative of however you were able to deliver it, your current example looks brilliant.

Thank you so much for this API, it’s allowed me to add much more depth to my RPG game, such as Lycans being stronger during a Full Moon.

I look forward to any and all updates.

Hi Bloodlust, we can look into listing the dates of events like Blood Moons, Blue Moons, Supermoons, and lunar/solar eclipses in the Advanced endpoint.

Regarding the data structure for the list of events, have you got any schema in mind or are you not fussed?

Here is an example I came up with for how I think Eclipse data could look like: https://pastebin.com/WnikFtBH (see sun.next_solar_eclipse and moon.next_lunar_eclipse objects).

Luke
Moon-API.com

Hi Bloodlust! Cheers for reaching out and for the kind words about the API; it’s great to hear you’ve found it brilliant.

Absolutely, the values for fullmoon.last.name and full_moon.next.name based on your list are as follows:

1. Wolf Moon
  2. Snow Moon
  3. Worm Moon
  4. Pink Moon
  5. Flower Moon
  6. Strawberry Moon
  7. Buck Moon
  8. Sturgeon Moon
  9. Harvest Moon
  10. Hunter’s Moon
  11. Beaver Moon
  12. Cold Moon

These names correspond to the full moons of each month, starting from January with the Wolf Moon and ending in December with the Cold Moon.

Luke
Moon-API.com

아래에 의견을 추가하고 토론에 참여하세요.

새 댓글을 게시하려면 로그인 / 가입