100%

Health Check

100%

Terug naar alle discussies

Body parts issue

Rapid account: Kitus 962
kitus962
לפני חודש

Hey, while testing searchExercise endpoint, i noticed that some exercises got wrong body parts in “body_parts” field. Maybe not entirely wrong, but e.g. Bench Press has “shoulders”, even though i used searchExercise using body_parts enum, in this case i used “chest”. Another thing is that it provides only one body part for each exercise (don’t know if it was intended). Other than that, it’s a cool workout API 😄.

kitus962 Commented לפני 22 ימים

Thats sounds even better 😄
Good luck

Rapid account: Bastien Carcat
BastienCarcat Commented לפני 23 ימים

Because each exercise now has targeted muscles and synergistic muscles (secondary), the body_part is associated with the targeted muscles. This is more suitable for filtering exercises. For example, in the previous version (v0.1.1), when searching for exercises that work the shoulders, “bench press” was returned, even though it’s not primarily a shoulder-targeting exercise, although they are involved. However, I will consider a solution to add the secondary body_parts for each exercise, so you can search for exercises with their secondary body_parts. 😃

kitus962 Commented לפני חודש

Can i ask why did you decide to change, how many body parts will be included in body_part field? In my opinion, more than one body part in that field, was a cool addition. Current version fits perfectly into API description 😄.

Rapid account: Bastien Carcat
BastienCarcat Commented לפני חודש

Hello, thank you for your support! This issue has been fixed. However, a new version will arrive very soon with new features on muscles and body_parts. And the response will change a bit. Note that in this future version, each exercise will only have one linked body_part.

Looking forward to sharing the update with you soon!

Best regards,
Bastien

Doe mee aan de discussie - voeg hieronder een opmerking toe