Health Check

100%

Назад ко всем обсуждениям

False Available Domains

Rapid account: Bitvalentine
bitvalentine
6 months ago

Hi,

I’ve been using the Api for a while, I can see theres a lot of false available domains.

Its getting annoying, especially when I’m paying for the data.

Any way to fix this?

bitvalentine Commented 6 months ago

I’m reaching the 10k requests an hour. I tend to group .com’s first and then .ai’s.

Fingers crossed the proxies will solve this annoying problem. I’m having to double check every request.

If it doesn’t work by the end of the subscription, I’ll have no choice to cancel and move to another supplier.

Rapid account: MAS Nathan
MASNathan Commented 6 months ago

Hi, this service does not rely on cache. Instead we rely on several proxies to distribute the outgoing traffic. Sometimes the blocking response from the WHOIS server can trigger a false positive on our end. What we’ve done was to increase the number of proxies on our end. This will help, but there’s always a limit depending on the TLD that you are checking.

What you can do (suggestion):

1. Increase the delay between requests
  2. Mix the TLDs you are requesting. E.g.: one.com, two.ai, three.com, four.ai instead of one.com, two.com, three.com, four.com. The more TLDs you can add into the mix, the better

Is there anything that can be done for the false data?

It feels like its a cached response at your end. Is there anyway to add some type of flag to ignore the cache? As I’m contantly checking expired domains and this is useless if its giving false information.

Rapid account: MAS Nathan
MASNathan Commented 6 months ago

Hello bitvalentine,

Thank you for reaching out. We are always trying to improve our system to be able to avoid false positives or false negatives. The way a domain registrar presents the information is different from one another and we deal with hundreds of them.

That being said, can you provides a few examples where you got false available domains?

Best regards,
MASNathan

Присоединяйтесь к обсуждению – добавьте комментарий ниже:

Войдите / Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы публиковать новые комментарии