100%

Health Check

N/A

Tüm Tartışmalara Dön

Search podcasts with iTunes id

Rapid account: Val Can Build
ValCanBuild
לפני 5 שנים

I was wondering if you’d considering adding searching and getting metadata for podcasts from an iTunes id?

Rapid account: Listennotes
listennotes Commented לפני 5 שנים

The typeahead endpoint needs to be fast & very lightweight. So it can’t return complete data.

It’s tempted to do a standalone endpoint to take itunes id as input , but this is a very niche use case and it may complicate the api design & create some mental burden to developers 😃

ValCanBuild Commented לפני 5 שנים

Ok, great - I can use that to then get the listenNotes id and then get more info out of there. A direct API endpoint would be preferrable, though - if that’s something you’re willing to do later.

Cheers!

I see.

You can use the typeahead endpoint by putting itunes id in the “q” parameter:

curl --get --include ‘https://listennotes.p.mashape.com/api/v1/typeahead?q=474722933&show_podcasts=1

This will give you some very basic meta data: id, title, description, image, publisher…

ValCanBuild Commented לפני 5 שנים

I have a case where users share podcasts from URLs where I can scrape the iTunesId. I want to then use this to get the podcast details using ListenNotes.

May I know the use case here?

Why do users want to search podcasts via iTunes id? And how do users get iTunes id in the first place?

Aşağıya yorum ekleyerek tartışmaya katılın:

Yeni yorumlar göndermek için giriş yapın / kaydolun