100%

Health Check

N/A

Повернутися до всіх обговорень

Hebrew & Greek

Rapid account: Armandoalfaro 323
armandoalfaro323
a year ago

when getting the original text is it possible to also include the English word associated with the Hebrew or Greek.

Rapid account: Vibrantmiami
vibrantmiami Commented a year ago

Hi Brent,

I’m following up here on the public discussion board, but I’ve sent a reply to your private message in this regard as well.

Sure, here are the current versions available.

English versions: ASV (American Standard 1901), BBE (Bible in Basic English), DBY (Darby English Bible), KJV (King James Version), KJV1611 (King James Version 1611), WBT (Webster Bible), WEB (World English Bible), YLT (Young Literal Translation)

Spanish version: RV1909 (Reina-Valera 1909)

Arabic version: SVD (Smith-Van Dyke)

You can use the ‘GetVersions’ endpoint to access these as well.

As for all the features, you can access and test them directly in your RapidAPI dashboard.

Let me know if this helps.

Best regards,

Jody

Rapid account: Hibrenty Dj Djf Y 93 B 6
hibrenty-djDjfY93-b6 Commented a year ago

Hello. Can you please list the different Bible versions (translations) that are available with your API? Also, do you have a sample site we can visit to experience the API features?

Thanks!
Regards, Brent

Rapid account: Vibrantmiami
vibrantmiami Commented a year ago

Hi Armando,

Thanks for your request and your use of the IQ Bible API.

Sure, this is already available. When you call the GetOriginalText with a verseId, that verseId can be used to retrieve the translated verse just as it was used to request the original text.

To retrieve a translation:
GetVerse?verseId=01001001&versionId=kjv

To pull the original text of that translation:
GetOriginalText?verseId=01001001

As you can see the verseId is what you’d use to pull the words (verse) and the original text. This verseId is also reflected back in the result of the GetOriginalText.

Alternatively, if you’re talking about getting the word associated with each of the Hebrew or Greek words from the GetOriginalText response, you can use the GetStrongs endpoint. First, find the ‘strongs’ number from the result of GetOriginalText for the word that you want to pull and then use that number, for example, ‘7225’ with the GetStrongs call. Thus, if the ‘strongs’ number was ‘7225’, you would use GetStrongs?lexiconId=H&id=7225 to get the words, which you would find under ‘glossary.’

Please let me know if this is what you meant and if I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jody

Приєднуйтесь до обговорення — додайте повідомлення нижче:

Вхід / Реєстрація, щоб публікувати нові повідомлення