N/A

Retour à toutes les discussions

data point meaning?

Rapid account: Curlyculp
curlyculp
vor 4 Monaten

What is the data point “PPR?”

And “halfPPR”?

Is there a list of all the abbreviations?

Having fun with the product. 😉

Rapid account: Tank 01
tank01 Commented vor 3 Monaten

Hi Curlyculp,

I’ve updated the API to add play by play, please check it out. I’ve opened a discussion thread here and I’d like to keep any suggestions/issues contained to that thread to make it easy for everyone to follow and collaborate.

https://rapidapi.com/tank01/api/tank01-nfl-live-in-game-real-time-statistics-nfl/discussions/120453

tank01 Commented vor 3 Monaten

Hi!
One thing I am working on is providing fantasy stats broken out by each play.

For instance, if your QB throws a 42 yd TD then there’s going to be a play by play element saying something like {“playerID”:“xx23943”, “passTD”:“1”,“passYds”:“42”}, or something similar to that. The format isn’t 100% finalized yet. I’m still working through all of the corner cases like how to score laterals and all sorts of strange things that can happen during trick plays and change of possessions.

I hope to be done with this within the next month. There are a lot of people asking for this feature. When I provide this, I’ll comment here to let you know and keep you posted. I’m sure this will give you what you need in order to follow your league’s very customized scoring system.

curlyculp Commented vor 3 Monaten

I’d like to explore custom fantasy point settings. I compared results from your defaults to our league’s last season results and got VERY different outcomes. They’ve been using RTSports. This, for example, are points for passing TD’s… where do I begin??

Yd TD Pass
1 pts for 10 to 19 yd TD pass
2 pts for 20 to 29 yd TD pass
3 pts for 30 to 39 yd TD pass
4 pts for 40 to 49 yd TD pass
5 pts for 50 to 59 yd TD pass
6 pts for 60 to 69 yd TD pass
7 pts for 70 to 79 yd TD pass
8 pts for 80 to 89 yd TD pass
9 pts for 90 to 99 yd TD pass
4 pts for 10 to 19 yd TD pass
5 pts for 20 to 29 yd TD pass
6 pts for 30 to 39 yd TD pass
7 pts for 40 to 49 yd TD pass
8 pts for 50 to 59 yd TD pass
9 pts for 60 to 69 yd TD pass
10 pts for 70 to 79 yd TD pass
11 pts for 80 to 89 yd TD pass
12 pts for 90 to 99 yd TD pass

tank01 Commented vor 4 Monaten

no problem! yes i understand but please take note that entering your league’s specific scoring system is plug and play, very simple to do. Let me know if you need help with that.

curlyculp Commented vor 4 Monaten

I appreciate the answer! I’m an amateur (and retired) web designer and am taking over the site for a Fantasy group I’ve hung with for decades. Right now I’m running an analysis of how my groups players would have done with your default fantasy points, to see if it’s worth coding their specific point rules. It’s a fun project. Looking forward to seeing if I can get it all done.

tank01 Commented vor 4 Monaten

Hi curlyculp…

PPR and halfPPR are elements within an element called “fantasyPointsDefault”. They stand for Point Per Reception and Half Point Per Reception.

In some of the endpoints, the user can retrieve a player’s fantasy points. We offer the user to enter their own league settings, but we also will calculate some “default” fantasy scores that generally align with standard scoring across the major fantasy platforms. PPR means that the player is getting a full point for each reception. Half PPR means that the player is getting a half point for each reception.

Hope this helps! And feel free to ping me with other quesitons. I do not have a list of every abbreviation and what they mean. Documentation on this project is very low priority. Higher priority is answering questions here and adding functionality to the APIs.

Participez à la discussion - ajoutez un commentaire ci-dessous:

Connectez-vous / Inscrivez-vous pour publier de nouveaux commentaires