9.8 / 10

Latency

376ms

Service Level

100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Announcement: Play By Play Data and Corresponding Stats!

Rapid account: Tank 01
tank01
3 months ago

Play By Play data is now included in this API. Along with each play, the fantasy relevant stats that were earned on each play are included in “playerStats” and if there are team DST stats earned, they’ll be in a “teamStats” element.

Currently this is an experimental feature, and available only for the season that just ended last week. Use parameter “playByplay=true” to return the “allPlayByPlay” element. Example for the /getNFLBoxScore endpoint has been updated in the rapidAPI UI.

This has been in the works for some time now and it is still a work in progress. I’d say it is about 99% accurate. Of course, this depends on what your definition of fantasy relevant stats are.

The hope is that during the off season, you are using/reviewing/testing this data to see if what’s out there is good enough for you to use for your purposes and your applications for next season. And if not, I’d like to hear your feedback on the offending play or stat so I can fix it.

My goal is to eventually have this 100% accurate, and meet everyone’s needs.

One thing that I have learned during the process of creating these APIs is that so many people are using this data in ways that I would have never imagined. It’s truly awe inspiring to have conversations with you, and hear about everyone’s different use cases. However, because there are so many different use cases, and people using the tank01 data for different purposes, I cannot predict everyone’s individual future needs.

Because of this, I kindly ask that you provide feedback if you find that there is a specific play that you find where the stats do not fully represent a play. If something doesn’t look right, please comment here on this thread. If you are not comfortable talking publicly, that’s ok too, just send the information to me at support@tank01.com .

I will be updating this discussion thread whenever there is an update/change to the translation code, and an informal changelog of what’s been worked on and fixed. If you are interested in getting updates on this, just respond to this thread something simple like “following”, and then rapidAPI will make sure that you get an email whenever the thread has a new post.

THANK YOU ALL for your support through the season and I can’t wait to have this fully functioning and 100% accurate over the next few months!!!

Rapid account: Neugeynfl
neugeynfl Commented 3 months ago

I’m unlikely to use the playByPlay at this time but it’s cool to have this available in case I find a use long-term or just need to verify something. The “DST” section however I do need to start using to simplify things. Thanks for adding!

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments