लेटेंसी

804ms

सेवा का स्तर

87%

Health Check

N/A

सभी चर्चाओं पर वापस जाएं

Question

I would like to know what the parameter returned by the API called paidVideo refers to.

Is it possible to obtain more data with your API? such as knowing if a video or channel is monetized, as APIs such as Social Blade do, for example.

I hope you can help me with these questions, thank you very much, greetings.

Rapid account: Pyuser
pyuser Commented 2 years ago

Hi there,
Thank you for the question.

The paidVideo value was something that I added while developing the api to check if the video was pay locked on youtube. Unfortunately, this proved difficult to extract from youtube without using the official api. As this api does not use the official api methods, I have not found a fool-proof method of checking if the video is paid. Thank you for reminding me, as I intended to remove this value from the deployed api. This will be removed for the time being. However, this should not be a problem as paid videos do not often appear in the trending page. I will also remove these values for the same reasons mentioned before.

• premiumVideo
  • liveNow

Currently, this api only provides information on videos on the trending page, and not on other aspects such as channel monetization. This information is difficult to extract and as far as I can tell, it is not even present in the official youtube api. I believe sites like Social Blade use monetization estimates on their site based on average cpm values and do not give a definite guarantee that a channel is monetized or not. Correct me if I’m wrong on this but that is my understanding.

I have looked at expanding this api further though, and I am glad to see some interest in this api in its current state and in further extensions of it.
Thanks!

चर्चा में शामिल हों - नीचे टिप्पणी जोड़ें:

नई टिप्पणियाँ पोस्ट करने के लिए लॉग इन / साइनअप करें