9.6 / 10

Latency

318ms

Service Level

100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Wanted to understand why it is per month, I didn't notice the API limits are Per Month Basis

Rapid account: Chibionos
Chibionos
il y a 9 ans

But in my Quotas I was seeing that just exceeded the quota just a few days ago. I deleted the application to stop incurring additional cost and regenerated and blocked all the keys. Please help I don’t want to incur additional cost for this API.

Rapid account: Japerk
japerk Commented il y a 9 ans

Ok, I contacted support & cc’d you. Any more about this can be over email, so I’m going to close this issue.

Chibionos Commented il y a 9 ans

Hey Japerk,
I sent a mail to their support team about the over billing please help me out by asking them to adjust be bill, I will be a very happy subscriber for your service.

Guys,
I am billed for 1456 Dollars !!

I changed my subscription to 1 million requests per month before the month ended, it is pay as you go right ? why am I not charged 35 dollars.

I was not able to see the monthly requests in Chrome and thought I am not exceeding anything, I noticed that my quotas just went up to 1416 requests and then to stop the requests I regenerated the keys and blocked the old keys but still they were increasing, I then deleted the application entirely and unsubscribed to prevent myself from overcharges.

The Month Timeframe is disabled in Chrome and it is not clickable. And it was not clear from the quotas graph how much I am using the service for.
<screenshot of the unselectable month button the TimeFrame drop down on Chrome>

I found out that it was chrome that is preventing me to see this after I logged in to IE to confirm what were my usages for the month.

Guys I love what you are offering and I want to continue to use your service as a subscribed user, Please help me out, I don’t have that kinda of money to spare 😦.

I went to sleep peacefully after I seeing that the payment for the subscription was accepted and was thinking I won’t be over billed.

The Mashape Team (no-reply@mashape.com)
4:33 AM

Newsletters
To: chibicha@live.com

Hi Chibionos, Thank you for being a member of Mashape. We successfully charged your credit card $35.0 USD. This is for your recurring subscription to the ULTRA plan of the Text-Processing API by japer

Sent: Sun 11/23/14 4:33 AM
To: chibicha@live.com

Hi Chibionos,
Thank you for being a member of Mashape. We successfully charged your credit card $35.0 USD.
This is for your recurring subscription to the ULTRA plan of the Text-Processing API by japerk.
Thank you,
The Mashape Team

I am charged 1456 dollars by Mashape for using freemium !, Can you help resolve this please ? I don’t that much money to spend on pet projects 😦. I just want to subscribe to the 35 dollars 1 million requests plan. Please help I don’t have this kind of money 😦

445282191995 MASHAPE.COM 415-757-2743 CAUS -$1,456.53

Thanks alot Japerk ! 😃. I subscribed to 1 million requests plan and then i unsubscribed because i was afraid I was going to billed for hundreds of dollars ! 😃. I am using your API to do sentiment analysis on customer posts on different sources and it works really well as your learning base is news !. I will just move to the 1 million requests plan for now and if things pick up I will go to 2.5 million requests plan. BTW your tagging is awesome, I would like to see some documentation on the tags you put out for your tags such AQ, NNS and such. We are able to speculate on the meaning like NN means noun, VB means verb etc but a list of tags and their meaning would be great. Please point me to that documentation if you have a handy link and thanks for relieving of my tension 😃.

Subscribing now. And for future note, All i have to see is the quotas ? as the requests go into thousands and I didnt know why as I am not using it that much, i even rolled to keys to check if that stops the unwanted usage but regenerating the keys is still allowing old apps to work. Is this a bug ?

Rapid account: Japerk
japerk Commented il y a 9 ans

Hi,

I’m glad you like the API. Is the problem mainly that the pricing page isn’t clear enough?

Because you removed it, I can’t see any of your usage analytics. But if you’re worried about overage charges, and you didn’t exceed the quota too much, then what you can do is contact Mashape support or billing, let them know that you accidentally went over the quota, and would like your bill adjusted. Then they will contact me, and we’ll figure it out. The other thing you could do is upgrade to the highest plan, which has a much higher quota, then contact Mashape about that, and your extra requests can be just be included.

Hope that helps,
Jacob

Btw, I love to continue using the API, It is simple and worth $35 dollar a month for the 1 million request processing which I believe is good value for all the features that it enabled. Just it is very easy to shoot myself in the foot if I don’t see it is monthly ! 😦. Please help me not get over billed.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments