9.8 / 10

Latency

933ms

Service Level

100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Custom Plan Inquiry - Deny requests after 100, no overage charge?

Rapid account: Caffeinatedmike
caffeinatedmike
8 years ago

Hello, I’m inquiring to see if it would be possible to be allowed to have the Basic plan, but without the overage charges (so I don’t need to enter credit card info). I’m developing an automation routine for my fiance and I in our house that automatically plays a netflix title whenever we say “Stream <The Loft>”. This in turn turns on our tv via chromecast and starts playing the requested title. I have a working version at the moment, however, it involves simulated input on the screen, which I’m hoping to avoid. That’s when I came upon your api, seeing that it is able to pull in netflix ids.

I can assure you that we would never even come close to 100 calls in a day. This project is only for our household and there are no plans nor intentions to distribute it. Also, the only time I could imagine exceeding request counts out of the single digits (10+) really is when I’m testing at first just to make sure all works as planned. Again, still not coming anywhere near the 100 request threshold. So, would it be possible to be given the Basic plan and just have any requests over 100 be throttled (denied) until the next day rolls around and the counter resets?

Rapid account: Unogs
unogs Commented 8 years ago

At the moment we are not offering a ‘free’ plan.
If you want to use the API and just sit under the limit you will still need to enter a credit card.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments