100%

Health Check

100%

Back to All Discussions

Forward Data Moon Phase Name

Rapid account: Daniel Moore
DanielMoore
13日前
Hi, I'm looking forward to using this API, looks great !

Quick question, I know someone has already asked regarding historical data, but I was wondering if a specific forward date could be passed to get the moons phase at a future date - I would have thought in theory this would be possible as you provide this infomation in deep detail (i.e. Calendar, Advanced), but would be useful if we could just provide a Lat, Long & Date with a response of the phase name ?

Many thanks,

Dan.
Rapid account: Daniel Moore
DanielMoore Commented 12日前

Hi Luke,

Many thanks for even considering this !

I’d say similar to what you already return on the “Moon” Key in the Advanced API Call - That key provides a lot of data that is really helpfull (i.e. age_days, stage, phase_name, lunar_cycle, etc.).

Calling the API with a date param similar to this:-

https://moon-phase.p.rapidapi.com/future?lat=59.4768&lon=-0.0004&datestamp=xxxxx

And just returning that key, should provide all the details I could want.

Again, many thanks for looking into doing this,

Dan.

Rapid account: Moon AP Icom
MoonAPIcom Commented 13日前

Hey Dan,

Thanks for reaching out! Adding the capability to retrieve the moon phase for a specific forward date sounds like a useful feature to explore. We currently offer detailed moon phase information, so extending this to include future dates seems feasible.

To ensure we’re aligned on what you’re looking for, could you share your thoughts on what the response payload should look like? Any specific details or formats you have in mind would be helpful for us to consider as we plan this enhancement.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Luke @ Moon-API.com

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments