100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Using Pro API

Rapid account: Mustabsar
Mustabsar
5 years ago

Hi. I am a doctoral researcher at The University of Sheffield UK. My research topic is related to social media and financial markets. At present, I have millions of tweets posted by approximately 1.2 million users. I want to use your app to check their BoT score. Initially, I was planning to use your pro API. However, keeping in mind the rate limit of pro API it might take more than a month. Is there any chance that you can offer some customised package so that I can complete the status collection within a couple of weeks of time?

Rapid account: O So Me
OSoMe Commented 5 years ago

Sorry we are unable to offer discounts. You do get all the scores. The format of API requests and responses is the same, only the quotas are different.

Mustabsar Commented 5 years ago

Sorry missed a question, Can I get CAP with the BoT score using your models for that account as well? How does it work?

Mustabsar Commented 5 years ago

Thanks for your response. Yes, I do understand the Twitter rate limits. Alright, so let’s start with the PRO API with existing limits. At the start, I will stick to the limits and let’s how it goes. Is there any other difference between PRO API and Free one? I have already gone through your papers and understand the overall methodology. Is there anything else you want me to go through before starting with your API? Is there any discount for research students?

Rapid account: O So Me
OSoMe Commented 5 years ago

We do not currently offer higher rate limit plans via our pro API, but keep in mind the following:

• The Botometer Pro API rate limit matches Twitter’s rate limit for the required endpoints. This means that a higher limit from us is useless unless you are paying Twitter for an elevated rate limit or have another source of Twitter data.
  • We recently decreased our over-quota fees to $1 per 2500 requests. If you do need more requests than the daily quota, you can just pay as you go for the extra requests per day.

Hope that helps.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments