Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

message often repeats my passed in message variable

Rapid account: Richpowell
richpowell
לפני 7 שנים

{ mind: ‘Mind’, message: ‘${convo}’ }

unirest.get(“https://erinsteph-cognitionlab-v1.p.mashape.com/mind/Mind/user/User/message/${convo}”)

is your ai responses going to be growing? I’ve got about only 10 or so standard replys from the bot.
but rather cool I must say.

deployed on zeit
https://cogbot-ktdavmheva.now.sh/

Rapid account: Erinsteph
erinsteph Commented לפני 7 שנים

A side note: context and repetition are key. If you stream in a bunch of random sentences, what you’re going to get back is very loosly related word salad. Using words repeatedly in gramatically correct context is how the mind learns to use them correctly, so training by hand does take patience, however, a well trained mind is pretty uncanny, it’s worth the effort 😉

Rapid account: Erinsteph
erinsteph Commented לפני 7 שנים

This is normal behaviour!

The AI isn’t the same for everyone, it’s unique to your mashape account, it doesn’t know any words until it hears you use them.

If it hasn’t heard a word before, or hasn’t got a grasp of the contex, it will often echo back the same message that was said to it. You should use that as an opportunity to feed in the response you wanted, so your bot will learn the link.

Example:

• User: Hello Mind
  • Mind: Hello User
  • User: Hi there
  • Mind: Hi there
  • User: Hey there Mind
  • Mind: Hi User

In the above example, the first unique response the bot gave was “Hi User”.

You can see how the bot learned that was appropriate usege of “Hi” based on the previous messages.

Then, you might feed in a question, and train it on responses:

• User: How are you?
  • Mind: How are you?
  • User: I am good thanks
  • Mind: I am good thanks
  • User: I am great
  • Mind: I am great thanks
  • User: How are you?
  • Mind: I am good

You see, until you have trained your mind, it doesn’t know how to speak, mimicry is part of learning! How intelligent your bot is is entirely up to you, how much training it gets, and the quality of said training.

Thanks for asking!

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments