Health Check

100%

Retour à toutes les discussions

Url to the original Facebook post

Rapid account: Kicorangel
kicorangel
8 months ago
Hi,

I am using the Post endpoint to retrieve some posts from a given Facebook page. It works properly, but I cannot find the way to (re)construct the url to the original Facebook post (to copy/paste it into the browser, for instance).

When using Facebook, the posts ids are like:
pfbid0226SSkhCgVfMB3sJEoEBoaqnqTe8NvSJJwTTren8BHvYzZbdTtD1HzQNtV1BaBdgil

With the previous, you just construct the url as:

https://www.facebook.com/[user]/posts/[post_id]

However, the id provided by the API is in a different shape (e.g., UzpfSTEwMDAzMTAzOTA3NzMxNjo5NTkzMzU5OTg0NDQzNjA6OTU5MzM1OTk4NDQ0MzYw) and it does not work when constructing the previous url.

Could you help me/give me advice on the previous?

Thanks,
Kico

Rapid account: Kicorangel
kicorangel Commented 8 months ago

Thank you, you are right. I could not see it at first sight because it was a bit hidden, but now it works.

Rapid account: Axesso
axesso Commented 8 months ago

Hello,

thank you for the request. As far as we understood you question, we don’t think that you require to reconstruct the URL because you can extract it out of the response. For your example the corresponding post URL should be: https://www.facebook.com/InformaDB/posts/pfbid0KonCGQtm6cD6KdP5DJcZj7RDCbo6F1LrDRuQFGfTeRruGdbG9Ngh4dwNrRxdj7GBl

If you search for this URL in the response json, you will see several fields which contains this URL. You can e.g. use on the other side this URL as input to our “post-detail” endpoint to fetch regular update on the post like reaction and comments count.

Let us know in case you have further questions.

Best Regards
Axesso Support

Participez à la discussion - ajoutez un commentaire ci-dessous:

Connectez-vous / Inscrivez-vous pour publier de nouveaux commentaires