100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Latitude Field Range Restriction - API Call Returns 500 Error

Rapid account: Chimezee
chimezee
לפני 4 חודשים

I’ve identified a bug in the API. When using latitude values outside the -66 to 66 degrees range, it triggers a 500 Internal Server Error. This behavior appears to be a bug, as it is prevents the processing and generation of birthcharts with longitudes outside of this range.

Requesting your assistance on:

Confirming and resolving this bug.
Providing an interim workaround if available.

Immediate attention to this matter would greatly aid our project.

Rapid account: Chimezee
chimezee Commented לפני 4 חודשים

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt response and for addressing the issue so efficiently. The adjustment to default latitudes outside the -66 to 66 range to 66 makes perfect sense, and I appreciate the link for a detailed explanation about polar latitudes. Your assistance is invaluable, and I’m grateful for your readiness to provide further clarification if needed.

Best regards,

Chris

Rapid account: Gbattaglia
gbattaglia Commented לפני 4 חודשים

Hi,
I’ve just fixed the issue.
Now if the subject latitude is outside the -66 <-> 66 range (eg. 70) it will automatically default to 66. That should have been the standard behaviour of the code, there was a bug preventing it in some situation.
The reason why you can not have a latitude in the poles is explained here in detail:
https://www.astro.com/astrology/in_polar_asc_e.htm
Hope it helps.

Thank you for reporting the bug and sorry for the inconvenience.
Remain at your disposal for any need for clarification

Rapid account: Gbattaglia
gbattaglia Commented לפני 4 חודשים

Hello, I’ll immediatly start to work on a fix, I’ll update you later today, thank you

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments