N/A

Back to All Discussions

Consider reducing Basic/Free pricing to hard limit

Rapid account: Paulfrischknechtmx
paulfrischknechtmx
2 года назад

20 / day
+ 0,05 $ each other

put me off, I would have tried this api if it had just a hard limit of 20 requests for the Basic/free subscription like many other APIs.

I don’t feel like entering my credit card info for something I cannot try.

Rapid account: Industrialmathematicsnorth Lg P 6 Lr UJO Dx
industrialmathematicsnorth-lgP6lrUJODx Commented 2 года назад

Thank you for your feedback.

I am not entirely sure I understand why you would prefer a hard limit to a soft limit. Because in both cases you get the first 20 requests each day for free. In the case of a soft limit, you pay the 0.05 per request not for all requests, but only for requests after the limit is surpassed.

You mentioned entering the credit card info. Does RapidAPI allow subscribing to a plan with a hard limit without entering credit card info, while it doesn’t allow it for a plan with a soft limit? If that’s the case, I wasn’t aware of that.

Anyway, it doesn’t make much difference to me. I edited the Basic plan to make it a hard limit instead of a soft limit.

If you are interested in hard limits for other plans or in some other variations of the parameters for plans, let me know. If your desired parameters are reasonable, there is a way to create a private plan available only for specific users (for you in this case).

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments