100%

Health Check

100%

Back to All Discussions

Any way to sort by most recent?

Rapid account: Mynamekemal
mynamekemal
2달 전

I want to sort the jobs by their recentness, and not pull every data and then sort myself. Since in the program i am creating i check for newly posted jobs. And it seems it is not possible without being able to sort them by most recent.

Rapid account: Letscrape 6 B R Ba 3 Qgu O 5
letscrape-6bRBa3QguO5 Commented 한 달 전

Hi,

One thing that you can maybe do is call the Search endpoint every day with date_posted=today&num_pages=20 to get all today’s results for the query, which should be relatively low number. Save the received job_id and check which are new every day (comparing already seen job ids vs newly received job ids). Can something like that work?

Thank you,
Adam @ OpenWeb Ninja

Rapid account: Mynamekemal
mynamekemal Commented 한 달 전

I don’t think it would work the way i want it to work. Do you know if there is any sequence for listings here, something like in each page jobs are listed based on their post date?

Rapid account: Letscrape 6 B R Ba 3 Qgu O 5
letscrape-6bRBa3QguO5 Commented 2달 전

Hi,

Thank you for your message.

Although sorting by recency is not currently supported by Google for Jobs and the API, you can take a look at the date_posted parameter, it can be used to limit the results to jobs with a certain recency (today, last 3 days, week, etc) - can it work for what you need?

Thank you,
Adam @ OpenWeb Ninja

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments