100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Search podcasts with iTunes id

Rapid account: Val Can Build
ValCanBuild
5 years ago

I was wondering if you’d considering adding searching and getting metadata for podcasts from an iTunes id?

Rapid account: Listennotes
listennotes Commented 5 years ago

The typeahead endpoint needs to be fast & very lightweight. So it can’t return complete data.

It’s tempted to do a standalone endpoint to take itunes id as input , but this is a very niche use case and it may complicate the api design & create some mental burden to developers 😃

ValCanBuild Commented 5 years ago

Ok, great - I can use that to then get the listenNotes id and then get more info out of there. A direct API endpoint would be preferrable, though - if that’s something you’re willing to do later.

Cheers!

I see.

You can use the typeahead endpoint by putting itunes id in the “q” parameter:

curl --get --include ‘https://listennotes.p.mashape.com/api/v1/typeahead?q=474722933&show_podcasts=1

This will give you some very basic meta data: id, title, description, image, publisher…

ValCanBuild Commented 5 years ago

I have a case where users share podcasts from URLs where I can scrape the iTunesId. I want to then use this to get the podcast details using ListenNotes.

May I know the use case here?

Why do users want to search podcasts via iTunes id? And how do users get iTunes id in the first place?

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments