100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

trademarkSearch API

Rapid account: Aphileo
Aphileo
2 years ago

For the API trademarkSearch what is the max response count for this API?

Rapid account: Pentium 10
pentium10 Commented a year ago

if you have further questions, please reach out in the support section for private support thread

pentium10 Commented a year ago

v1/batchTrademarkFullTextSearch does a full text search using wildcard search on the “keyword” list.

the /v1/trademarkSearch and v1/batchTrademarkSearch calls they run searches on the begining of the keyword.

Aphileo Commented 2 years ago

@pentium10 I don’t think your APIs are doing a wildcard search over the database from what I’m seeing when searching for specific words. Looks like each API is only returning trademarks with “searchTerm” in beginning of phrase only which is preventing all of the trademarks with the word to come back like “run” search term for trademarkSearch

Hey @pentium10 how do I get to the support channel? I’m not seeing any support tabs. Also for trademarkSearch API I noticed that the result sets are all with the search term in the beginning of all of the responses. There isn’t a API that returns all results with the word run in it? We are comparing data directly from tmsearch.uspto.gov and for the word run we get 7643 results but on Rapid API we get only 250 with /all. How do I get all serial numbers for a word or words that appear in a trademark?

pentium10 Commented 2 years ago

Recommendation is to use the v1/batchTrademarkSearch calls, as that don’t have limit in the returning results.
That call is asynchronous, you need first to do an init call, and once you obtain the scroll_id, you can paginate over the results as many times you need. You can obtain results up to thousands of searches.

v1/batchSerialSearch could return more than 250 results when the input list is bigger than 250 elements. The batch_____ type calls is helpful also in the situation you need to cache and fetch again the results. The standard calls always consume credit. Batch calls only on init, and when fetching the results does not consume additional credit, so it’s great to be used as a cache as well.

If you have a specific issue, you can always reach out privately in the support channel with more details.

I see for trademarkSearch it always return 250 results. Do all trademark search terms have a max return of 250 results? If not, how can I know all of the serial numbers before passing this to the batchSerialSearch()? I’m looping through batchSerialSearch() results and checking the start and next index and comparing the count and adding my results to an array. But how can batchSerialSearch() return more results than the 250 serial numbers passed? Please help, I need to understand the API to make sure I’m getting all data needed for a client.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments