Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Getting unrelated results when using batchTrademarkSearch

Rapid account: Wizzel 1
Wizzel1
a year ago

I want to search for trademarks within this batch of keywords :
[“Are”, “you”, “from”, “Copper”, “Canyon”, “or”, “do”, “like”, “the”, “city”, “in”, “TX”, “Texas”, “state”, “Then”, “this”, “cool”, “american”, “straight”]

But I am getting mostly unrelated results:

[“THELENDER”, “THE WORLD’S GREATEST CHESS SET”, “THE WESTERN SHOPS”]

just to name a few. Why is this the case?

Rapid account: Pentium 10
pentium10 Commented a year ago

We focus only on USPTO as there we can provide SLO and SLA and support. For EU trademarks you can use this other listing https://rapidapi.com/truejoolean/api/eu-trademarks

If you need anything on this API that is not covered, let us know as we constantly add new functionality to it.

Rapid account: Wizzel 1
Wizzel1 Commented a year ago

Your previous answer helped me realize that I need to filter out all filler words before I query trademarks. I tried to do that with AI, which works ok.
I will see if it is feasible

By the way, I would love to get trademarks from euipo aswell, are there any plans on creating an API for it?

Some follow up question: Are you looking to pass in a text broken down to words/keywords, and return only those which are known trademarks? Like in your input above, the “TX” keyword is a registered trademark under serial 86089136.

Thank you for raising this. I will ask the developers for insights but it looks like the searches are left, and you have in your input the common word “the” which produces your outputs as well. If you want to expand more on the desired results please post more details. Also you can reach out privately in the UI if you want to share sensitive info.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments