By speedplane | Updated 20 days ago | Business
Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Can't get login_token through Mashape test console

Rapid account: Ismaelc
ismaelc
10 years ago

I think I wonโ€™t be able to get the login_token because an authentication request will be required, prior to getting a response from one of the endpoints. In this case, the login request. Example:

1. Provide username and password to login request endpoint, then click Test Endpoint
  2. The test console will scroll up to the authentication setting that asks for a login token
  3. This is a deadlock scenario because I am being asked to provide the login token first, before I can use the login request endpoint

Would you be open to setting up a Secret Parameter that would represent all users coming from Mashape, to your API? This would bypass registration to your site because all users will be using that preset account (e.g. 1 account named Mashape in Docket Alarm). Please click here to see how this works - http://blog.mashape.com/post/50590118603/new-feature-secret-parameter-and-headers

Let me know if you have questions on how this can be implemented - c h r i s @ m a s h a p e . c o m

Rapid account: Speedplane
speedplane Commented 10 years ago

Hi Chris,

I see how the system works, thanks for explaining. Right now, users must still register on the site and use their own credentials. I have, accordingly, removed the authentication token.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments