100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Terms of Use - not understanding the ACoupleProhibitions

Rapid account: Errinjohnson
errinjohnson
vor 8 Jahren

Can I create my own app and extract your data but then it says cannot attempt to use our data to create a site or application meant to provide the same experience - recipe search engine. ? I can not create an app with search and pull your data based on user input.? What can I do with your data?

##A Couple Prohibitions###

You may use the data provided by the spoonacular API as part of your website, application, or other project, but you cannot attempt to use our data to create a site or application meant to provide the same experience as spoonacular. spoonacular is the world’s best recipe search engine, which is why the data it uses is top of the line. Should spoonacular determine that your website or application is attempting to compete with spoonacular (for example by purporting to have the best recipe search engine) or drive traffic away from spoonacular in another way, you will no longer be allowed to use our API. In this case, however, you may reach out to us to discuss a possible business partnership.

Rapid account: Spoonacular
spoonacular Commented vor 8 Jahren

Hi Errin,

you can use the data in the way described under terms of conditions. The part you are struggling with is only meant to say that you should not try to be a copycat and simply try to rebuild spoonacular.com with the API. The API is very powerful and could theoretically give you everything to copy but that is probably not your intention anyway. Of course you can use the search endpoints and build it into your own app.

Let me know if it is still unclear.

Best, David

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments