100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

API a little bit buggy lately

Rapid account: Aou 001
aou001
8 years ago

The API has been running fine until lately. Since saturday, I’ve been getting result that don’t make a lot of sense. For example, a search for recipes based on ingredients returns some recipes that have over a 100 or even 200 ingredients, most of which don’t make sense. Furthermore, I’ve been having trouble getting the complex search to work. It works sometimes and other times, it doesn’t.

I’m haven’t found anything wrong on my side just yet so please could you help me make sense of this. Thank you so much.

Rapid account: Spoonacular
spoonacular Commented 8 years ago

Well that is good to hear, makes me happy 😃
But please let me know if you experience performance issues in the future, the API must be fast and responsive!

aou001 Commented 8 years ago

It probably did. Also, whatever change you made increased the speed/performance of the API by at least 50%. My application makes multiple request concurrently and I was worried previously cos it was a little slow even though everything was multi-threaded. The changes you made solved all my problems 😃

Phew, great. I made some changes maybe that fixed whatever was not working 😃

aou001 Commented 8 years ago

I’m not sure what changed but I can’t reproduce the problem anymore. I’ll keep an eye on it and I’ll let you know if it happens again. Thank you so much for your help!

Hi, sorry to hear that. I will have a closer look. Can you please tell me exactly which endpoint and parameter values you used to get those wrong results? In my quick test right now I could not reproduce it so it would very much help me if you had a specific example.

Sorry again for the troubles.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments