Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Attribute Clarifications

Rapid account: Webmaster At Ride Schedules Com
WebmasterAtRideSchedules.com
לפני 9 שנים

Hello,

Just a few questions regarding attributes.

Is the speed in vehicle locations KPH or MPH?

What does the vehicle location call_name refer to?

Can you provide information about the extent of identifier matching with the GTFS data?

Can I expect the service stopID to match with the GTFS stop_id?

Is the stop_id and stop_code in the GTFS always going to equal?

Are all attributes in the sample responses required or optional? I need to know that to be sure the app won’t stop working if an attribute on occasion isn’t included.

In vehicle locations arrival_estimates, is there a way to tell which agency the stop_id is for?

Rapid account: Transloc
transloc Commented לפני 9 שנים

Hi,

Here are the answers for you:

Is the speed in vehicle locations KPH or MPH?

speed in vehicle locations is in KPH.

What does the vehicle location call_name refer to?

call_name refer to how the agency staff refer to the vehicle.

Can you provide information about the extent of identifier matching with the GTFS data?

The IDs does not match the GTFS data. Things like route name, short name, stop code, etc should match in most cases.

Can I expect the service stopID to match with the GTFS stop_id?
Is the stop_id and stop_code in the GTFS always going to equal?

We don’t provide GTFS data, please see the official documentation for GTFS related questions.

Are all attributes in the sample responses required or optional? I need to know that to be sure the app won’t stop working if an attribute on occasion isn’t included.

I believe all attributes are required, if they don’t have a value, they will simply be set to ‘null’. But it’s probably a good idea to check if the values exists to make sure your app don’t crash.

In vehicle locations arrival_estimates, is there a way to tell which agency the stop_id is for?

You should be able to use the “stops” feed and “routes” feed to find out the agency. Or you can filter the arrival_estimates by agency_id.

Thanks for using TransLoc OpenAPI.

Stu

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments