Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Get a company by URL or unique id

Rapid account: Ced 007
Ced007
hace 2 años

Dear William,
For companies like Google.com we get 392 companies in the result. Once we have identify the one we want to import (by its id or full URL), would it be possible for the next call to get directly this company? is it an option that you could add to your API?
Thanks in advance.

Rapid account: Williambarberjr
williambarberjr Commented hace 2 años

I think adding an endpoint that lets you pull company data by a unique ID that you can get from the domain search endpoint is probably the best solution here. For what it’s worth, the reason so many companies come back from a “google.com” bases search is that sites.google.com is a CMS used by many, so any company listed on crunchbase that is using that CMS that doesn’t yet have their own domain, is going to come back because “google.com” is going to be part of the URL. A similar issue is going to exist for other CMSs like “squarespace.com” - you’ll get 39 results. I’ll respond to this in a week or so when there is a new endpoint with a unique ID search option. Thanks for the feedback.

Rapid account: Williambarberjr
williambarberjr Commented hace 2 años

Hey Ced,

Just now seeing this - I will take a look at this and see if theres a better way. I’ll be updating the data set soon as well.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments